Tuesday, March 20, 2012

~ 6 Months Already ~

 Today was Stevens 6 Month check up.  I cannot believe how fast this last 6 months has flown.  The hour waiting in the office for the Dr was entertaining!  Steven was extremely distracted by the paper table cover, so I had to hold him hostage in his stroller for a little while.  Steven weighed in at 17 lbs 7 oz (50th percentile) and measured 26 inches long (25th percentile).  He was very squirmy on the table, so I think they may have mis-measured - but that could be a Mommy excuse for having a short chubby little man! 
When Christine was 1 year old she weighed 17 lbs 15 oz.... puts some things into perspective :-)  The picture to the right is Christine at 7 Months old - a little over 14 lbs!  Peanut!  Notice how I have to mention that is Christine because they look exactly alive though!
The appointment went very well.  The Dr said I could give Steven puffs; that they are the easiest first finger food and don't allow for chocking... He loved them!  He also has one tooth just about to break through, hope the little man feels okay tonight.


Speaking of tonight, it was a tough one.  Christine is going through a "testing my patience" phase.  She didn't want to dance at Ballet class, that was frustrating, but I could deal with that.  It is the constant pushing the limits - for example, in the bath tonight, she kept splashing Steven with her mermaids.  I told her to stop, so she looked right at me and did it again.  When I took her mermaid away, she used a cup and splashed a cup full of water at him.  I had to put her to bed with no stories and she threw a pretty big tantrum.  Once she calmed down I did go in and read a story with her in the dark, with her flash light, because I love her and hate to see her upset...but I have to work through this and figure out how to make sure she doesn't keep pushing me like this..... Time to google some toddler discipline tips ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is 6 months! Life is going too fast!!!!!

    ReplyDelete