~ First Day of School ~
Where did my little baby go? I cannot believe Christine will be 3 next month and went to her first day of Preschool today! She was so ready for it! For days she kept telling me how she was going to go to Miss Amy's house and do crafts with Gracie and Cam. She also told Nana yesterday all about it and even told her "Mommy can't come with me".
No problems sleeping the night before, for TT anyway. I had a little anxiety about how the morning would go. Typical morning though, no struggles from Christine! We got ready and were out the door in time! Even had time for a few pictures of my princess with her backpack on. Of course, she was still munching on her bacon. And, although we left on time, I needed gas.....

So we pulled up to Miss Amy's at 8:59. The closer we got, the more anxiety I got. Christine and I just kept talking about how much fun she would have though. So, I got Christine out, put her shoes on her (she always takes them off in the car), handed her her cupcakes and got ready for whatever she was about to throw my way. I walked her to the end of the driveway and reached for her hand, thinking she would at least want me to walk her up to the door. Nope! She was too excited to show Miss Amy her cupcakes! She was even heading in the door without saying Goodbye! Miss Amy had to say "say goodbye to Mommy" and then TT turned around and waved really fast, and ran inside. That's it? I thought for sure it was going to be more dramatic!
 |
|
After that, I headed to the park with Steven to hang out with his BFF Elijah. Jenn and I walked the boys around the park, then we sat and chatted for a while before heading to the library. On the way to school Christine had asked for a book with a Giraffe skating (probably because Grandma Kirsch got her a shirt with a Giraffe skating)....so I took out a book with a Giraffe in it, along with multiple other books that Christine is thoroughly enjoying! The time actually flew by.

Christine and Gracie came out of school together. They both looked like they had such a good time! Christine was very excited about her "special book" a.k.a her class folder. She said to me - "I knew you were coming to get me, I told Miss Amy you were coming soon". And then, she read her news books and didn't talk that much! I was dying to hear all about class! After she skimmed over ALL the books, she told me "Gracie was a bad girl. She stole my Barbie. The Mommy told her she had to share." After some digging, I learned that Miss Amy had to tell both the girls to share and take turns with the Barbie (even my Angel Christine). And who knows if that is really how it happened :-)
All in all it sounded like she had a great time and did great. She told Mark 3 times that night that she chose to sit at the tables while everyone else sat at rug time (which Amy had told me about), but that she was a very good girl. I love the daily report we get on what the kids did!
I am so excited that the first day went so well and Christine is already excited to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment