Last night Christine decided she wanted to have a sleep over at Nana's house. My goodness is she growing up way too fast. This was her first sleep over not based on Mark and I going out. Nana had spent the afternoon with Steven and Christine while Daddy and I went to birthday party. When we got home at 7:30 Christine informed me that she decided she was going to sleep over Nana's house. On the way home from the party Mark and I had discussed how much our lives have changed; I was so excited to get home to my babies after only a 4 hour "break" for Mommy/Daddy fun time. I was a little heart broken that Christine didn't want to stay home for her night time routine; but I am blessed that she has a grandmother that puts her on a pedestal and whom she adores.



Before Steven was born, I wrote about my fear that our normal routines would be changed by his presence; I am happy to say that is not the case. We have incorporated Steven into our routine quiet nicely! At night, after dinner, the new "norm" is a family bath. Mommy puts Steven on her lap to clean him up and TT helps by washing his head! He LOVES his bath, as Christine did - and still does. After bath Christine watches a little bit of a movie while Steven has a nightime ""snack". Then, Christine picks out a book (or two or four) and we sit in bed and read - now, Steven just joins us! Finally, TT gives Daddy and Steven a kiss and Mommy sings Twinkle Twinkle and Over the Rainbow to TT - then lights out!
In the morning, when Christine wakes up, Steven is usually asleep in my bed. This is because he is currently sleeping 10 to about 5:30 or so and when he goes back to sleep at 6, he will not stay asleep in his crib, but in our bed he will go back to sleep for a few hours. Once he starts rolling around I realize we will have to change this routine a bit. Anyway, Christine wakes up around 7:30 (when Tinkerbell wakes up) and still comes in my room, as she used to, and watches one or two programs in bed until its time to start getting ready for the day.

Christine loves to help entertain Steven. If he is sad, she asks to put his pacifier in. If he is bored she will give him toys or talk to him. She LOVES to give him kisses on the top of the head! It is just heart melting to see their relationship form!
No comments:
Post a Comment